How to Change Password in Windows 10 | 3 Easy Methods
If you want to change password in windows 10 to the Admin and Local Users. You can easily change the password of the administrator and Local users in Windows 10. To change password in Windows 10, you can follow these three :
Why change administrator and local password?
Changing the password of the Administrator and Local Users is an important security reason that can help protect sensitive data and systems from unauthorized access. The administrator account typically has the highest level of access privilege on a system.
Note: These methods will work only if the PC or laptop is unlocked.
Follow these steps
Method 1: Using the computer management
- Press the “Start button” to search
- Search here “Computer Management”
- Right click on Computer Management to “Run As Administrator”
- Click on “Local Users and Groups”
- Double click on “Users”
- Choose a “Username” to change your password
- Right click on “Username“ to the new set password
- Click on “Set Password”
- Click on “Proceed”
- Enter “New password” and “Confirm password”
- Click on “Ok”
Method 2: Using the Alt + Ctrl + Del menu
- Press the Alt + Ctrl + Del keys on your keyboard.
- Click on the “Change a Password” option.
- Windows may ask you to verify your current password
- Enter your “Current password”
- Then enter a “New password” and “Confirm password” Make sure to choose a strong password
- Click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
Method 3: Using Control Panel
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “Control Panel” and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Select “User Accounts” To show users.
- Click on “Manage another account“.
- Select the account for which you want to change the password.
- Click “Change Password“.
- Enter your current password, and then type your new password twice.
- Add a password hint if desired.
- Click “Change Password” to save the changes.
Note: Changing the password of the administrator and local user account regularly is a simple yet effective security practice that can help prevent security breaches and protect data and systems.